Disability Connect is pleased to bring you the Transition Seminar in July. This is the first in the series for 2016. We have more coming up later in the year. Please click here to see the flyer for future dates. To book please contact us on 09 636 0351 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a phone number and email address when booking.
We also have our Transition Expo on the 2nd August, see our flyer here. There is no booking required to attend this expo.
Disability Connect now charges $20 including GST for each professional working in the disability sector attending our seminars. This can be paid by cash, cheque (made out to our full organisation name Parent and Family Resource Centre Inc.) or direct debit. We do not accept credit card or Eftpos payments. We are happy to send an invoice at time of booking of a professional and payment is required prior to attendance.
Post schooling options and process for students with a disability
Presented by Lisa Martin, Disability Connect
Central Auckland (Evening)
Tuesday 5th July 2016 7-9pm
Mt Richmond School, 30 Albion Road, Otahuhu
RSVP is essential: Phone (09) 636-0351 or email email@example.com.
Disability Connect offers this free seminar for students with a disability and/or their parents. Topics covered in this informal seminar are:
- Ministry of Education Transition Guidelines
- The process of ORS funding post school
- What happens to this funding post school?
- What types of vocational or day programmes are available?
- Options for non-ORS funded students
- Travel costs to Vocational Programmes
- Possible Work & Income supports for families
- Broad overview of Ministry of Health Disability Support Services
- Needs Assessment & Service Coordination during Transition stage
- Brief discussion re proposed MOH New Model and Individualised Funding (including Respite)
- What is Welfare Guardianship and what is it used for?
- Question and Answer time
An information pack including copy of the presentation will be given to each attendee. Lisa Martin
Parent & Family Resource Centre Inc. trading as Disability Connect
09 636 0351