Welcome to the Disability Connect e-bulletin for week beginning 14th March 2016. Click on the link below to access the e-bulletin and read about:
- New Disability ‘Colleague’ Social Worker role at Disability Connect
- Purple Day – 26th March - raising awareness of epilepsy and Epilepsy Association of New Zealand Inc.
- TANI (The Asian Network Inc) 14th Annual Asian Forum – 19th April at Fickling Centre – Save the date!
- Disability Connect seminars over March – IF including Respite, Work and Income Supports in Disability and Planning for Adulthood
- Auckland Disability Law - Save the Date! Supported Decision Making – a National Conversation Hui 20 & 21 April 2016
- Living Options Seminar – due to demand Disability Connect will present another seminar late April, date TBA
- (CLIMB) Centre for Learning, Integration and Managing Behaviour provides support for children and teenagers diagnosed with Autism and other spectrum disorders
- Manukau Support Group – PACT 311 Great South Road, Papatoetoe - Meet others who are raising children with a variety of disabilities
- Survey - part of a PhD study “How does the need for fulltime care impact on the social interactions and activities of young adults with complex needs?”
- Vaka Tautua – Financial Literacy for Pacific Families with disabilities – 8 week course, starts 22nd March
- Plus loads of interesting websites, links and bulletins from other organisations
e-bulletin 14 March 2016 PDF